Let Love Bloom


I am so excited to share with you, something that has been evolving for a few months and in my mind (and garage-turned-studio) for quite some time! Over the past year (or so) I had been pondering the idea of a mock photo-shoot, using the vintage items I have seemingly accumulated over the past 15 years (give or take), and since my blissful summer wedding in 2011, which you can check out here.  Much of my inspiration for my wedding came from wedding websites such as Style Me Pretty and Once Wed. In the beginning, I had thought the photo-shoot would just be Lauren (my talented wedding photographer) and I. Then, one day it occurred to me, we need to pull together as many local artists and vendors as possible. So, in-between teaching full-time and working on a masters, I etched out time to source out as many local contributors as possible, as did Lauren. Local makeup artist, Beth Thompson was keen to join in on the fun, as was jewelry designer Carla Dunham, florist Lorraine Beswick, Emma from Jones Vintage, and a fabulous fascinator creator from London Girl Fascinators (665-4839). A photo-shoot, of course, would not be complete without two all-around beautiful and in love souls; Jenna Pennington and Jason Keddy are such fun and they happily assumed the role of an engaged couple!


So, on a beautiful Sunday afternoon in June, Lauren from Lauren Kaye Photography and I, along with our in-love couple (the pictures tell it all) and makeup artist, Beth Thompson travelled to a stunning location in Berwick, Nova Scotia. Orchard View Weddings certainly gave new meaning to the "Apple Capital" of Nova Scotia. Perched on South Mountain, this orchard has breathtaking views and beautiful apple orchards, making it a fabulous location for a wedding, special celebration, or in our case, a mock engagement photo-shoot and a wonderful venue to launch my new and ever evolving journey with Simply Vintage Love.  

Below, you will find the lovely pictures Lauren captured on that monumental day. I just love all the colours! You will also get a wonderful glimpse of some the unique pieces available for rent for your next special occasion, albeit a wedding shower, baby shower, child's birthday, engagement party/photo-shoot, wedding, birthday or any other celebration with which you'd like to add some vintage flare!   
















































time for a treat!

no limbs were harmed in the take down (or put-up) of my scrap fabric bunting!
As you can likely see, we had a fun time together! I'd like to once again, thank all the contributors to this wonderful day. A special thanks as well, to Ken-Wo, for lending me the truck for transporting the larger items and to my wonderfully supportive husband for all his help lugging, loading and reloading; and for giving up watching some, a large portion of the US Open! Jenna and Jay, you looked fabulous-thank you, thank you! Lastly, I'd like to thank my parents for their ongoing support and unequivocal contribution to Simply Vintage Love. 

If you'd like to see ALL the photos from the day, click here.

Thanks for stopping by!  



No comments:

Post a Comment